Sunday, February 17, 2013

AND THE WINNER IS...

It's a pretty amazing feeling to grow all your own vegies, but when you're rewarded with a prize for having the 'Best Outdoor Vegie Patch' in New Zealand - that makes you feel even better!

For three months, I blogged about my garden and I won the first prize in New Zealand out of about 800 entrants in a Yates competition.  Yates is a producer of seeds and gardening products in New Zealand & Australia. 

My local paper even wrote an article about me and it ended up on the front page!  I strongly urge everyone to start a garden in their backyard - big or small.  It doesn't matter how much you grow - just get out there and do it.  The rewards are phenomenal and not just the rewards when it comes to harvest time, but the way it makes you feel!

So here's the link to the article featured in my local paper:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/local-papers/hutt-news/8153334/Hutt-gardener-wins-award-for-produce

HUTmichelleweb

No comments:

Post a Comment